- Article published at:
- Article comments count: 0
Despite the COVID-19 restrictions, the show must go on for the Golden Globes! It was an interesting event as we witnessed Hollywood actors being awarded online, in their own living rooms. If you’re looking for new shows or films to binge you should definitely consider the winners of this year’s Golden Globes in your list. Accompany it with any of these four Irish Whiskey recommendations and you’ve surely set the award-winning mood.
Photo courtesy of Netflix.com (https://www.netflix.com/ph/title/80025678)
- This show snagged several awards namely “Best TV Series (Drama)”, Emma Corrin for “Best Performance by an Actress in Television”, and Josh O'connor for “Best Performance by an Actor in Television”. The Crown is an exceptional show that narrates the story of Queen Elizabeth - how she became queen, her struggles, and journey in Windsor Castle. The Crown shows us the reality of being a queen and the internal struggles of Queen Elizabeth. Being a queen isn’t all royalty, glitz, and glam. This show is not your typical melodrama. The acting, script, and overall production is top notch.
- Whiskey of choice: Teeling Single Grain
- This award-winning whiskey has won best in class annually at the World of Whiskies Awards since its release, and is one of only a handful of Single Grain bottlings in the world. Queen Elizabeth wouldn’t settle for less and this whiskey is top of the line.
Photo courtesy of Netflix.com (https://www.netflix.com/ph/title/80234304)
- Awarded as “Best Limited Series, Anthology Series, or a Motion Picture Made for Television”, this show teaches us that life is like a game of chess. And as someone with 0 knowledge about chess, this show has a lot to offer. Talented chess player, Beth Harmon, played by Anya Taylor Joy, who won Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series, Anthology Series, or a Motion Picture Made for Television”; takes us on a journey as she navigates the world of chess leading to fame and eventual self-destruction.
- Whiskey of choice: Jameson Black Barrel
- While you watch Queen’s Gambit, you will find that Beth’s choice of drink: whiskey. The whiskey of choice that is best suited for this show is definitely Jameson Black Barrel. Bursting with rich, complex flavours of fruit, caramel, toasted wood, warm spice, and vanilla sweetness, the double charring delivers an embellished finish to our triple distilled smoothness.
I CARE A LOT
Photo courtesy of Netflix.com (https://www.netflix.com/ph/title/81350429)
- We all know Rosamund Pike from Gone Girl. If you loved her psychotic, crazy wife character then, then you’ll love her in the film “I Care a Lot” where she won “Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical, Comedy”. I Care a Lot is a 2020 dark comedy thriller where Pike plays as Marla Grayson, a con artist who acts as a guardian of elderly people only to seize their assets for her own. The suspense starts when she gets mixed up with a dangerous gangster.
- Whiskey of choice: Jameson 700ml
- When people think Irish whiskey, people usually think Jameson. Some people say that Jameson makes them feel determined...just like how Rosamund Pike is in this film. She was someone who knew how to crush her goals time and time again. Jameson is a perfectly balanced flavor profile with spicy, nutty, and sweet notes.
BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM
Photo courtesy of Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Borat-Subsequent-Moviefilm-Sacha-Baron/dp/B08K3SDZJ9)
- While the U.S. was on lockdown, Sacha Baron Cohen and his team put together a sequel to the hit 2006 satire, “Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (or simply Borat)”. Shot and delivered during the global pandemic and just in time for the U.S. 2020 presidential election, “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm'' political satire is an act of comedic revolt with viral potential. This show was awarded as “Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy'' and you shouldn’t miss out on it!
- Whiskey of choice: Bushmills 12yo
- This is a whiskey for the connoisseur of aged malt whiskeys. To be savoured neat or with just a small drop of water. Perfect for a feel good show like this one!
BONUS ENTRY: THE IRISHMAN
Photo courtesy of Netflix.com (https://www.netflix.com/ph/title/80175798)
- We can’t end an Irish whiskey and screen pairing without this Scorcese masterpiece, The Irishman; a captivating crime drama. (Fun fact: Whiskey was actually founded by Irish Monks, who had the time and education and knew locations for perfect distillation.)
- Whiskey of choice: any of the four
- With a rollercoaster of a show like the Irishman that will allow you to travel and get to know the rich culture of Ireland, it can perfectly be paired with any of the 4 whiskey choices!
If you haven’t watched these shows, this is a sign for you to go see them! You can catch The Crown, Queen’s Gambit, The Irishman and I Care A Lot on Netflix while you can stream Borat Subsequent Moviefilm on Amazon Prime. Celebrate Irish Whiskey Day with Boozy’s special selection of Irish Whiskey from all around the globe. Bring out the luck of the Irish with this signature whiskey selection while catching up on these binge-worthy, award-winning shows!